Who doesn’t love chocolate doughnuts?! Even better, they’re totally plant-based and require no baking! Woo hoo!
The dates in this recipe create an amazing fudgy texture. If you’re a fan of rich, gooey, chocolatey things – this one is for you.
I haven’t posted in a while, but intend on getting back on track soon. Ross has recently had surgery on his back, so I’m currently full-time chef/nurse! I’m confident I can heal him with doughnuts…
For two doughnuts
- 1 cup of oat flour (I didn’t have any – so ground up oats in a blender)
- 1/4 a cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 a cup of dates, stones removed
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of dairy-free milk
- 1 teaspoon of salt
For the glaze
- 150g of dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon of dairy-free milk
- 2 teaspoons of icing sugar
- Blend together all the ingredients in a food processor, until you have a doughy mixture. If it’s too dry, add some more dairy-free milk until everything binds together.
- Mold into doughnut shapes with your hands and place onto a try lined with cling-film or parchment paper. I used a spoon to smooth and round the edges.
- Pop into the freezer and allow to set for 20 minutes.
- For the glaze, gently melt the dark chocolate in a bain-marie and add the milk and icing sugar. Taste and adjust. For a thicker glaze, add some more icing sugar.
- Glaze the doughnuts and enjoy!
This recipe is adapted slightly from the inspirational This Rawsome Vegan Life.