I love pesto! Traditionally made with pine nuts and Parmesan cheese, this plant-based wonder packs an equal punch of fresh pesto deliciousness.
Create this beautiful, super easy recipe by simply popping all the ingredients into a blender and whizzing until smooth. With a total preparation time of just 10 minutes, it’s perfect stirred into some pasta for a quick and easy lunch.
Happily, it boasts both taste and nutrition. Walnuts are packed with protein, essential vitamins and are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids. The perfect excuse for adding pesto to everything, right?
This recipe creates enough pesto to serve with two large bowls of pasta, providing you’re able to resist snacking.
- 1 and 1/2 cups of fresh spinach
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 4 or 5 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/3 of a cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 of a cup nutritional yeast flakes (available from health food shops and online – one large tub costs approx. £3.00)
- A squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Three tablespoons of water
- Generous pinch of salt and pepper
Simply add your ingredients to a high speed blender and whiz until smooth. Taste and adjust your seasoning if necessary.
Add to anything and everything, and enjoy.
Check out my Instagram account for more plant-based recipe ideas!