It’s that time of week again where we need to think about going shopping, and there’s a few mismatched veggies residing in the fridge.
What better solution than a big steamy bowl of Thai inspired noodles? The base of this dish is coconut milk, a little vegetable stock, soy sauce and fresh chili – allowing for a creamy richness with a warming kick of heat.
Better yet – all in one pan and takes less than 15 minutes!
This recipe serves one person.
- 1 nest of dried rice noodles
- 1/2 a can of low fat coconut milk
- 1/2 a vegetable stock cube
- Mixed veggies – I used 3 chopped spring onions, 1 red pepper, a small handful of spinach, sugar snap peas and some fresh ginger.
- Half a fresh red chili, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- Fresh coriander and dried chili flakes to garnish (optional)
For an additional protein boost, why not add some tofu chunks or Fry’s meat-free chunky strips? Fry off in a separate pan and add to your broth in the final minutes of cooking.
- Add your noodles and coconut milk to a pan, and top up with a dash of water until the noodles are almost covered. Turn up to a medium heat.
- Once simmering gently, add your stock cube and stir until dissolved.
- Add the rest of your ingredients, and continue to simmer gently for 5-8 minutes.
- Top with your garnish and enjoy!