Who doesn’t love buffalo hot wings? I’ve seen some great looking pictures of cauliflower ‘wings’ crop up recently, and thought to myself – “it’s cauliflower, surely they can’t be that good!” Well, they are! These little taste triumphs are a perfect quick lunch, or better yet an evening snack or impressive vegan party food. Even cauliflower-hating Ross approves!
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup soy milk (or water)
- 2 tsp onion granules
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (I used garlic piri piri sauce)
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Take your cauliflower and break the head up into little bite-sized chunks.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, soy milk and onion granules to make a batter.
- Add the cauliflower chunks to the batter and coat thoroughly.
- Transfer to a baking tray, and roast in the oven at 220.C for 18 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix your sauces and vegetable oil in a bowl.
- Once the cauliflower is cooked, pour on the hot sauce mixture and mix until the chunks are well coated.
- Cook for a further 5-8 minutes, and they’re done!
Pictured served with some Tiger Tiger garlic mayo and a touch of fresh coriander.